Here are the troubleshooting steps to get your Webcam/Camera to automatically connect when joining your meeting.
Step 1: How to Clear out the browsing history/ Cache
Google Chrome (Preferred):
- Open up Google Chrome.
- Copy and Paste "chrome://history" (without quotes) into your URL or click here.
- Then click "Clear browsing data" on the left-hand side.
- Check off Cached images and files.
- Then click "Clear Browsing Data".
- Go to the three bar in the top left-hand corner.
- Then located the "History" icon in the menu.
- Once you have clicked on the History Icon it should ask if you want to "Clear Recent History".
- It will then ask you how far back do you want to clear your history, select an option.
- Finally, click "Clear Now"
- Go to the gear wheel in the top right corner
- Select on Safety in the menu
- Delete browsing history in the submenu
- Temporary Internet files and website files from the list
- On the bottom of the page, the browser notifies you when the browser cache has been cleared
Step 2: How to reset your default Camera Settings
- Go to join.Easymeeting.net
- Select on the Settings Button
- Then Reset All Settings
Camera still acting up? Try enabling it and if you don't know how to enable your camera, please click here.
***Our company is behind a very strict firewall, can I still join using my web browser (WebRTC) or Easymeeting Desktop?
Please take a look at this article: